Insurance company Inflight Enterprises aims for direct communication with their clients. Therefore they implemented the Anywhere365 Unified Contact Center (UCC A Unified Contact Center, or UCC, is a queue of interactions (voice, email, IM, etc.) that are handled by Agents. Each UCC has its own settings, IVR menus and Agents. Agents can belong to one or several UCCs and can have multiple skills (competencies). An UCC can be visualized as a contact center “micro service”. Customers can utilize one UCC (e.g. a global helpdesk), a few UCC’s (e.g. for each department or regional office) or hundreds of UCC’s (e.g. for each bed at a hospital). They are interconnected and can all be managed from one central location.) in combination with Microsoft Lync Microsoft Lync (formerly Microsoft Office Communicator) is an instant messaging program designed for business use and is the successor of Windows Messenger. In order to use Lync, a Microsoft Lync Server is required. and Skype for Business. Today the organization has three different departments, consisting of three different teams with two agents each. Every department has its own UCC.
This scenario describes the steps taken by the department Life & Health of to optimize their availability.
Every team leader is allowed to organize the team's accessibility, but there are some ground rules. First of all each team should by default be accessible by means of the IVR Interactive Voice Response, or IVR, is a telephone application to take orders via telephone keypad or voice through a computer. By choosing menu options the caller receives information, without the intervention of a human operator, or will be forwarded to the appropriate Agent.. Based on the caller's choice the call is transferred to a team member based on availability and skill.
Next to the IVR traffic, each team has its own direct phone number. How these calls will be distributed among the team members can be decided by the team leader.
Malia Valenzuela, team leader of team 1, wants to receive all incoming calls from the direct phone number. Only if he is not available the calls should be forwarded to one of its team members in an ordered sequence (serial-hunting).
The team leader of team 2, Terry Sneider, also wants to receive all incoming direct calls. However, if she is not available the call should be forwarded to any available team member based on who is longest idle.
The third team leader, Melissa Simmons, thinks the distribution of the direct calls should function the same way as with the IVR. So any available agent should receive the call.
Below a step-by-step guide can be found to configure a UCC for this scenario.
A default configured UCC
First, the Skills “L&H1”, “L&H2”, and “L&H3” should be added.
Second, the Agents should be configured. A total of 9 Agents will be added, 3 for each team, using the following settings:
- SIP The Session Initiation Protocol, or SIP, is a protocol for multimedia communication (audio, video and data communication). SIP is also used for Voice over IP (VoIP). SIP has interactions with other Internet protocols such as HTTP and SMTP.:Malia_Valenzuela@INFLIGHT_ENTERPRISES.com
Skills per Agent
Third, the added skills should be linked to the configured agents, using the following settings:
- 100 - SIP:Malia_Valenzuela@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 80 - SIP:Julliette_Pinson@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 60 - SIP:Keith_Sanders@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 80 - SIP:Gregory_Richmond@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 100 - SIP:Terry_Sneider@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 80 - SIP:Naomi_Brown@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 100 - SIP:Jon_Henry@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 100 - SIP:Marlene_Whitley@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
- 100 - SIP:Melissa_Simmons@INFLIGHT ENTERPRISES.com
Fourth, the IVR should be updated, using the following settings:
- Add L&H1 to Question 0-1
- Add L&H2 to Question 0-2
- Add L&H3 to Question 0-3
- Add desired Question/AudioQuestion
Fifth, the endpoints for each team’s direct phone number should be created.
Once the endpoints are created in the UCC Settings, it should also be created in the Lync/SFB Topology.
- Add "SIP:L&H1_Direct@INFLIGHT_ENTERPRISES.com" as Modality Endpoint with ParentQuestion "Question 0-1".
- Add "SIP:L&H2_Direct@INFLIGHT_ENTERPRISES.com" as Modality Endpoint with ParentQuestion "Question 0-2".
- Add "SIP:L&H3_Direct@INFLIGHT_ENTERPRISES.com" as Modality Endpoint with ParentQuestion "Question 0-3".
Tip Enterprise users can add the Skill directly on the Endpoint.