Install Webchat Plus
- Copy the file installation files on the application server.
Note Installations files can be requested at WORKSTREAMPEOPLE or Partner.
- Extract the folder WebChat
- Edit the propertieswebchatplus.ps1 file with notepad or similar text editor.
- $domain = "domain (same as the UCCUCC stands for Unified Contact Center and consists of a queue that can be handled by Agents Each Contact Center has its own settings, interactive voice response questions and Agent with specific skills. Agents can be member of, or sign up to, one or more Contact Centers.)" #NETBIOS
- $account = "service account (same as the UCC)"
- $ucc_name = "ucc_name"
- Open Windows Powershell as admin
- Run the install script by using PowerShell. First navigate to the path where to file is located in (using the cd command).
When in the correct path, typ InstallWebchat and hit the Tab key to autocomplete and press Enter to run the script.
- Select the UCC where you want the WebChat to be installed for.
- Enter SIPThe Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a protocol to make multimedia communication (audio, video and other data communication) possible and it is also used for Voice over IP (VoIP). SIP has similarities with other Internet protocols such as HTTP and SMTP. address of the WebChat Endpoint. You can use any SIP address naming you want, it has only 2 conditions.
Address needs to be unique and needs to start with sip:
Note If a re-install is done, this will give an error indicating the endpoint is not unique. This error can be ignored.
Enter the FQDNA fully qualified domain name (FQDN), sometimes also referred as an absolute domain name, is a domain name that specifies its exact location in the tree hierarchy of the Domain Name System (DNS). (the hostname and the domain name) of the Application Server. (Anywhere365 Server). If you are unsure what the FQDN of the Anywhere365 machine is, use the following command in a new Powershell window:
- Copy the information that is given after the installation or keep the PowerShell window, because you need it in the next part.
- Open the Configuration page of the UCC
- Open Chat Skill list
- Create a Chat Skill (if already available, this step can be skipped)
- Title = Name of Skill.
- Open Endpoint list
- Choose for 'new item'.
- Title = The SIP address of the WebChat Endpoint you have created in step 7 of the first part of the installation.
- Modality = Chat
- Skill = The newly created Chat Skill
Note UCC needs to be restarted to activate endpoint.
- Open Settings list
- Add the following items to the settings
- WebChatEnabled = true
- WebChatInputEndpoint = Copy information from step 9 of the installation
- WebChatResponseEndpoint = Copy information from step 9 of the installation
Open a browser
Open the WebChat by using the following URL
Note You can lookup the URL in Internet Information Service (IIS) Management.
The WebChat will now be displayed
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.