Inflight Snapper Operation Basics
Basic Trouble Shooting
When using software, sometimes things can break or not work as expected. In these cases it is good to do some trouble shooting. The first priority is get everything up and running again. By following the next steps basic trouble shooting can be done.
- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- Seems like a IT cliché, but in most cases this is the solution. The Snapper client uses external components like Skype for Business. These components can in case of a hiccup negatively influence the Snapper . While the Snapper does try to restore its self, the minor possibility exist that the Snapper can't restore itself. By restarting the Snapper will turn everything off and make new connections.
- How is the Snapper configured?
- In the settings you can configure which UCC. Make sure that every settings is correct. In case of a connection, check if the url is working.
- What do the logs say?
- The Snapper creates a log file in the roaming profile of the User, in here you can find every event that happened in the Snapper. (See next chapter)
- How to read the logs:
- Make sure that you have Notepad++ (default notepad can be used, but Notepad++ offers useful features)
- Copy the log to another location (this way the Snapper can keep writing more logs)
- Open the logs in Notepad++
- Go to the datetime of the issue
- Read what the log is saying. Usually the description explains what the issue is.
- What does the FAQ say?
- On this GoLive website there is a usefully FAQ available. In here we place frequent questions we receive on the support portal and post them with solution.
- When all else fail contact support.
- Before contacting support, make sure previous steps are completed
- To get the best support, make sure the ticket contains the following information:
- Which version you are using
- The logs files
The Anywhere365 Snapper also keeps a log file.
The file can be found in:
This log file looks a bit different from the UCCcore log file. This file keeps track of every event the Snapper makes.
Each action should look similar like:
2015-07-08 10:09:17,945  INFO SignalRConnector - SignalRConnector SignalR connected
In the example above, the Snapper made connection with the SignalR (DashBoard Service)
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.