Encode Screen Recording for Inflight Snapper
Note This feature is only available when using the Skype for BusinessSkype for Business (formerly Microsoft Office Communicator and Microsoft Lync) is an instant-messaging client used by Anywhere365. In order to use SFB, a Microsoft Skype for Business Server is required. Skype for Business is enterprise software; compared to Skype, it has different features that target businesses. client.
Our default method to encode screen recordings is MotionJpeg. This method will save considerable larger files on the filesystem. We also have FFMpeg encoding what produces smaller files and has overall better quality and performance.
- Download FFMpeg:
- Extract the zip file to a temporary location
- Locate FFMpeg.exe in the extract location (\ffmpeg-latest-win64-static\bin\FFMpeg.exe)
- Copy FFMpeg.exe to the Snapper installation (e.g. 32-bit C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere365 Snapper or 64-bit C:\Program Files\Anywhere365 Snapper)
- Snapper screen recording will now use FFMpeg. You can delete the temporary files.
To playback the screen recordings we recommend using VLCPlayer. You can download this at the following website: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html. When using FFMpeg it is possible to use your default media player depending on your system configuration.
Technical specs recordings:
- File extension: avi
- Video codec: MJPG
- Audio codec: PCM Float IEEE
- FPS: 7
- File extension: mp4
- Video codec: Advanced Video Codec (AVC)
- Audio codec: Advanced Audio Codec (ACC)
- FPS: 10
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.