Install Extension Windows
The extension window can be deployed on the UCCUCC stands for Unified Contact Center and consists of a queue that can be handled by Agents Each Contact Center has its own settings, interactive voice response questions and Agent with specific skills. Agents can be member of, or sign up to, one or more Contact Centers. server, alternative this can also be a other server with IIS. The extension window has the following requirements:
- IIS on the server.
- IIS application pool that uses .net 4.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer on the User client.
- LyncMicrosoft Lync (formerly Microsoft Office Communicator) is an instant messaging program designed for business use and is the successor of Windows Messenger. In order to use Lync, a Microsoft Lync Server is required. or Skype for BusinessSkype for Business (formerly Microsoft Office Communicator and Microsoft Lync) is an instant-messaging client used by Anywhere365. In order to use SFB, a Microsoft Skype for Business Server is required. Skype for Business is enterprise software; compared to Skype, it has different features that target businesses. client.
- Silverlight version 5 or higher on the User Client.
Installation of the plugin
For the Extension Window to work a plugin needs to be loaded in the UCC.
Note If your plugin isn't in this list, then the information can be requested at the Support Team.
Extension window Installation
- Log in on the server on which the UCC service is running.
- Create a folder in the wwwroot folder and call this folder ‘CRMCasesExtension’. Copy the unzipped files from the extension windows package to this folder , e.g.:
- Open IIS.
- In IIS choose option ‘Convert to Application’. A popup will appear.
- Click on the select button to choose the 'UCCServiceApplicationPool' application pool.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button.
- To verify select 'Browse *' on the right side of IIS.
Configure Extension window
Configure when to open Extension window
Configure UCC for Extension window
Make sure the following UCC Settings are "true" and the plugin is configured on SharePoint, Learn More:
- Create an .reg file with the following code
- Replace the 'ucc.domain.com' with the correct FQDNA fully qualified domain name (FQDN), sometimes also referred as an absolute domain name, is a domain name that specifies its exact location in the tree hierarchy of the Domain Name System (DNS)..
- Verify the URL by opening it in a browser.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;Start Office v15.0 settings
"Name"="Cases CRMCRM stands for Customer Relationship Management and is a method/technology for managing contacts of customers. CRM helps to offer each customer an individual value proposition based on its wishes. In addition, CRM makes it visible which customers represent higher value for the organization and therefore might be served in a different way. extension"
;End Office v15.0 settings
;Start Office v16.x settings
"Name"="Cases CRM extension"
;End Office v16.0 settings
- Run the .reg file when signed in as the user. (with Elevated Rights)
Note After running the registry settings file, it is a good practice to shut down and restart the Skype for Business client. Otherwise Skype for Business might not use the changes caused by the registry file in a proper way.
TipIf the user cannot run the registry key and you need to run as another user. You can replace "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" "HKEY_USERS\<USER_SID>". You can find the User_Sid with the command:
If command prompt is blocked, you can also determine a user’s SID by executing the following command as an admin:
wmic useraccount get name,sid
Or look it up in the registry as an admin:
And check the ProfileImagePath values
(Optional) Set Elevated Trust Setting on Agent Client
- Run the following reg key on the clients of the Agent
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
(Required for Elevated Trust) Deploy certificate
- Request certificate at WORKSTREAMPEOPLE
- Run the certificate
- Select Install Certificate
- Select Local Machine
- Place in Certificate store "Trusted Publisher"
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.