Move Database to archive Database
- Archive database already created
Tip You can copy the database to already have all the data in the archive.
Run Move to Archive
- Request the "MoveToArchive" script from the support desk
- Login to a machine / server with "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio"
- Connect to the Database engine, where the databases are located
- Open the "MoveToArchive" script
- Enable SQLCMD mode. (Menu > Query > SQLCMD Mode)
- Change the variables
- DatabaseName = Name of the current database
- ArchiveDatabaseName = Name of the archive database
- Change the Parameter
- DaysRetension = The number of days you would like to keep data in the current database
- Execute the script
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.