Move Database to archive Database
- Archive database already created
Tip You can copy the database to already have all the data in the archive.
Run Move to Archive
- Request the "MoveToArchive" script from the support desk
- Login to a machine / server with "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio"
- Connect to the Database engine, where the databases are located
- Open the "MoveToArchive" script
- Enable SQLCMD mode. (Menu > Query > SQLCMD Mode)
- Change the variables
- DatabaseName = Name of the current database
- ArchiveDatabaseName = Name of the archive database
- Change the Parameter
- DaysRetension = The number of days you would like to keep data in the current database
- Execute the script