How to enable Skype for business front end server in Draining state (maintenance mode).
Note Added in CoreThe Core is the center of Anywhere365. It manages all the Dialogues. 6.1
With this feature enabled, the uccUCC stands for Unified Contact Center and consists of a queue that can be handled by Agents Each Contact Center has its own settings, interactive voice response questions and Agent with specific skills. Agents can be member of, or sign up to, one or more Contact Centers. monitors if a front-end server is in draining state (maintenance mode). When one of the front-end servers in the pool is set into draining state, the cached conferences on the front-end pool will be cleaned up. When using the command to enable draining state on the front-end server that process will wait until active calls are finished and those conferences will not be cached. New calls will immediately be setup on the remaining front-end servers in the pool.
Enable the feature in the ucc config file.
- Open your ucc config file and expand the line <UnifiedContactCenters> to
<UnifiedContactCenters alwaysModifyCas="true" enableMcuDrainingStateMonitoring="true">
- Restart the ucc.
- The logfile will show this line
2018-01-17 11:35:16,932  m1 WARN - m1 McuDrainingStateMonitor: 'frontend01.domain.com' failed to read. Permission denied.
- Add the service account to the performance log users on all front ends in the pool in computermanagement
- The logfile will display this
2018-01-17 11:35:35,395  ucc_rtm INFO - ucc_rtm McuDrainingState: enable conference caching.
Monitor Active conferences in the front end server and monitor Draining state per server
- Go to one of the front ends servers and go to the performance monitor. Add these values for each front end server.
VALUE="\LS:AVMCU - MCU Health And Performance\AVMCU - MCU Draining State"
VALUE="\LS:AVMCU – Operations\AVMCU – Number of Conferences"
- When you start the failover on the first server it will show value 1 for draining state. The number of conferences on all servers will become 0.
- Connect to the front end server that you want to put in maintenance mode.
- Disable the interceptorThe Interceptor is a service installed on the Lync / Skype for Business Front End(s). It monitors all the calls going over it. When a call going to or coming from an Agent it will come in to action. By intercepting that call and redirecting it you the Anywhere365, it lets you manage the Direct Inbound and Outbound dialogues of the Agents. service manually.
- Open PowerShell as administrator on the front end server and use the following command.
Invoke-CsComputerFailOver -ComputerName <Front End Server to be patched>
- The ucc log will show this in the logfiles.
2018-01-17 11:42:17,009  ucc_rtm WARN - ucc_rtm McuDrainingState: disable conference caching. Servers in drain mode: frontendserver1.domain.com
2018-01-17 1:42:17,016  ucc_rtm INFO - ucc_name UccConference: cancelling conference, usages: 1
- Call traffic will continue on other front end servers.
- If maintenance is over you can use the failback command.
Invoke-CsComputerFailBack -ComputerName <Front End Server to be patched>
- Enable the interceptor service manually.
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.