Install Address Book for Active Directory plugin
Note This feature requires an additional plug-in. Please contact your Sales Contact to verify if a plug-in is purchased.
Warning only one plugin of the type addressbook can be installed.
Start the installer (msi) for the Active Directory Addressbook Plugin.
Read the “End-User License Agreement” and check “I accept the terms in the License Agreement”.
Click “Next” again.
When a “User Account Control” window appears requesting permissions, approve by clicking “Yes”.
After installation Click “Finish”.
At start the AD Addressbook is not working, this is because there is no account configured.
To Configure an account for the addressbook, follow the next steps:
Go to “Settings”
Navigate to the “Plugins” Tab
Select the plugin named “Active Directory Addressbook”
Change the values of the general settings if needed, they are good by default.
Add a account for an Active Directory Account by pressing the “ “ sign and fill in the fields
- Host – The server where the active directory is hosted, sample: comp.contoso.com
- Base – Distinguished name, which is a sequence of relative distinguished names (RDN) connected by commas. (CN=Jeff Smith,OU=Sales,DC=Fabrikam,DC=COM)
- Username – Username of account with access on the AD Server (Domain\Username)
- Password – Password of user with access to AD Server
- SSL – Check if a secure protocol is used for connecting to AD Server with LDAP
- Port – Port used to connect to Server (Defaults are 389 for unsecure and 636 for secure)
Click the “ x “ icon to close the plugin information
Exit the settings by clicking the arrow
The settings for the plugin are configured and it should start to load all information in the addressbook tab.
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.