Install Active Directory Search plugin
- Start the installer (msi) for the Active Directory Search Plugin.
- Click “Next”.
- Read the “End-User License Agreement” and check “I accept the terms in the License Agreement”.
Click “Next” again.
When a “User Account Control” window appears requesting permissions, approve by clicking “Yes”.
After installation Click “Finish”.
At start the AD Search is not working, this is because there is no account configured.
To Configure an account for the addressbook, follow the next steps:
- Make sure the Attendant is started and license is entered.
- Go to “Settings”
- Navigate to the “Plugins” Tab
- Select the plugin named “Active Directory Search”
- Change the values of the general settings if needed, they are good by default.
- Add a account for an Active Directory Account by pressing the “ “ sign and fill in the fields
- AD Host – The server where the active directory is hosted, sample: comp.contoso.com
- Port - Standard LDAP port (Defaults are 389 for unsecure and 636 for secure)
- AD Distinguished Name / Base – Distinguished name, which is a sequence of relative distinguished names (RDN) connected by commas. (CN=Jeff Smith,OU=Sales,DC=Fabrikam,DC=COM)
- AD Username – Username of account with access on the AD Server (Domain\Username)
- AD Password – Password of user with access to AD Server
- AD Query (Advanced) - Standard search query used for search
- AD SIPThe Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a protocol to make multimedia communication (audio, video and other data communication) possible and it is also used for Voice over IP (VoIP). SIP has similarities with other Internet protocols such as HTTP and SMTP. address field (Advanced) - Field where SIP can be found (proxyaddresses standard)
- AD Filter field (Advanced) - Filter on AD Query
- Click the “ x “ icon to close the plugin information
- Exit the settings by clicking the arrow
The settings for the plugin are configured and it should start to load all information.
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.