Skype for Business client up to date?
- 2013/2015 requires minimum version 15,0,4945,1000
- Technet article: KB3213574
- 2016 requires minimum version 16,0,4561,1000
- Technet article: KB3213548
Machine meets minimum specifications?
- Operating system
- Windows 7 or higher
- Minimum: 4 cores 2.26 gigahertz (GHz) or higher
- Recommended: 8 cores 2.26 gigahertz (GHz) or higher
- Minimum: 4 gigabytes (GB)
- Recommended: 8 gigabytes (GB)
- Minimum: 40 gigabytes (GB)
- Recommended: 80 gigabytes (GB), Solid State Drives (SSD; or similar performance)
Proper applications bits installed?
x86 OS, Office x86 bit and Attendant x86 must be installed
Anywhere365 Attendant up to date?
Minimum version 5.0.17485.2
Are Exclusions set to Windows Defender and/or third-party Anti Virus applications?
- C:\Program Files\Anywhere365 Attendant or C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere365 Attendant
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office
Optional when search is slow
- Set Max Search Results to 25
Optional when call pickup is slow
- Set 'Get frequent contacts for' to 25 days
- Set 'Total frequent contacts' to 5 contacts
- Set 'Total Previous Agents' to 5 agents
Disable additional Search Providers
Create a new file called "SearchProviders.xml" and save in C:\Program Files\Anywhere365 Attendant or C:\Program Files x86\Anywhere365 Attendant
Contents of the file should be:
<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""utf-8""?>
Turn Search Providers off to get faster results, depending on which the Skype client is using
Corresponding article with list of Search Providers:
Basic Trouble Shooting
When using software, sometimes things can break or not work as expected. In these cases it is good to do some trouble shooting. The first priority is get everything up and running again. By following the next steps basic trouble shooting can be done.
- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- Seems like a IT cliché, but in most cases this is the solution. The Attendant client uses external components like Skype for Business and Exchange. These components can in case of a hiccup negatively influence the Attendant. While the Attendant does try to restore its self, the minor possibility exist that the Attendant can't restore itself. By restarting the Attendant will turn everything off and make new connections.
- How is the Attendant configured?
- In the settings you can configure everything about the Attendant, which UCC, Skype for Business version, Exchange version. Make sure that every settings is correct. In case of a UCC connection, check if the url is working.
- What do the logs say?
- The Attendant creates a log file in the Roaming profile of the User, in here you can find every event that happened in the Attendant. (See next chapter)
- How to read the logs:
- Make sure that you have Notepad++ (default notepad can be used, but Notepad++ offers useful features)
- Copy the log to another location (this way the Attendant can keep writing more logs)
- Open the logs in Notepad++
- Go to the datetime of the issue
- Read what the log is saying. Usually the description explains what the issue is.
- What does the FAQ say?
- On this GoLive website there is a usefully FAQ available. In here we place frequent questions we receive on the support portal and post them with solution.
Useful registry setting
- Lync Client office 15.0 versie (2013)
- Lync Client office 16.0 versie (2016)
UCC Web services
When using a UCC connection and one of the following parts isn't working, check the corresponding web service:
Queue pickup system
Current call statistics
If an issue occurs, please let us know the following:
- What kind of issue did occur?
- What date and time did this occur?
- What (customer) phone number is applicable?
- What are the steps to take, in order to reproduce the issue?
With this information, also provide the following files:
- Attendant Config.xml
- Found on the client machine within %appdata%\Workstreampeople\Attendant
- Attendant logs
- Found on the client machine within %appdata%\Workstreampeople\Attendant\logs
- UCC logs (if applicable)
- Found on the server within <drive>\Programs Files\UCC\Logs
- AttendantService logs (if applicable)
- Found on the server within <drive>:\inetpub\wwwroot\Attendant\logs
Did you find this page helpful?
Sorry about that
Why wasn't this helpful? (check all that apply)
Thank you for your feedback.
Want to tell us more?
Email your feedback to our documentation team.
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.