Single server architecture
In this architecture there is only one server.
Before you start the update, it is important to prepare the update.
- Validate that the UCC service operates correctly from a fresh download of the cache.
- Stop the UCC service, rename the cache folder
- Start the UCC service and check if all UCCs start correctly without issues
- If there are issue, fix the issues before continuing with the update
The update of the components consists of the following steps.
- Make a backup of each component that is being updated. If mentioned in the release notes, then make a backup of the Anywhere365 database(s).
- Keep track of your changes (log).
- Stop the UCC Service.
- Update each required component by following the Update Guides.
- If you have multiple folders for the Dialogue Intelligence Reports, then you need to run the update for each folder and specify the correct folder name.
- SharePoint Timer Jobs, copy new files over the existing files, except for the config file.
- SharePoint Retention Policy, copy new files over the existing files, except for the config file.
- Plugins, copy new files over the existing files.
- SharePoint template. If you cannot stop the UCC service for an update of the SharePoint template, then as soon as the update is finished, stop the UCC service, rename the cache folder. Make sure that the UCC service can access the SharePoint site collection and start the UCC service and check for issues.
Run the scenarios from your acceptance testing plan. If the test results are met, then continue, otherwise troubleshoot the issue. Perform a rollback if the issue cannot be fixed easily.
Remove for example old cache folders, old backups and logfiles and the previous software from the install folder.
If you are using a software distribution tool, then you can create the new package during the preparation and rollout the package after the Core update.